Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Shooting pain, not lasting long, in one buttock

(1 Post)
SMJYellow Mon 04-Dec-17 18:15:07

This weekend just gone, going about my duties here and there, I have experienced a pain in my ass. So far, it's in one buttock. The pain starts in one buttock (on the right one) and shoots about but remains in the buttock. It doesn't travel down the leg or into the back.

Strange one I know.

It doesn't last long, maybe a few seconds and it's not very sore but it is sore enough for me to stop what I'm doing and let out a yelp.

My boyfriend had sciatica before where pain started in his lower back and shot down his leg.

This is different.

Any idea what this could be.

I have some Ibuprofen gel at home so I will use that tonight and get some Ibuprofen tablets at the chemist in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now