Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Handhold/encouragement please

(4 Posts)
SingaSong12 Sun 03-Dec-17 21:52:52

I'm feeling sorry for myself.

I count my blessings and I know I am very lucky, but hate how relentless what I'm going through is.

I have nosebleeds due to a genetic illness. Saw consultant start of September who said experts now recommend just treating every three or so months. Chased pre-op check mid October and the notes from that clinic hadn't been processed. Had pre op check beginning of November. Nothing yet about a date for surgery.

From end of October bleeds getting worse, about 20 mins three times last week. This morning one hour heavy bleed. This isn't actually that bad for people with my illness, but I find the bleeds hard to deal with due to disability.

I need to chase up to have the surgery I'm due and I hate it. I know how overstretched the NHS is. I know there a people much worse than me.

Please tell me it's ok to feel this way and to phone.

Footle Mon 04-Dec-17 08:07:18

It sounds as if you have a serious condition and you have as much need of and right to medical help as anyone else. YOU are your own top priority - stop worrying about other people and get yourself sorted!

SingaSong12 Mon 04-Dec-17 18:18:34

Thanks Footle - I did it. Just as well because the routine date with be the end of January. I'm now on the cancellation list. If I think it's more urgent my GP has to contact to make a new urgent referral.

Footle Mon 04-Dec-17 22:06:01

Well done! No point leaving it until it's an emergency, is there? It must be very hard to judge when you really have to ask for help, with an ongoing situation like yours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now