Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

29 weeks constant cramping and back ache

(6 Posts)
StevieG213 Sun 03-Dec-17 19:40:00

Since yesterday lunch time I have had a continuous dull ache in my back and stomach like period pain. The occasional sharp pain in stomach and tightening in vagina. I went to the hospital today and they checked me out and said it is just muscular pain. I have taken codeine with paracetamol twice already today and I'm still in pain! This is my first baby so I'm new to this but it all feels a little too weird. My midwife measured me as 3 weeks ahead. Has anyone had this before and gone into labour early or am I being paranoid?

endofthelinefinally Sun 03-Dec-17 19:45:12

Ring them again and go back.
That sounds like labour pain.

StevieG213 Mon 04-Dec-17 03:51:13

I lasted a few more hours and then went back apparently constant period type pains are common and they couldn't do anything more for me.

endofthelinefinally Thu 07-Dec-17 10:54:43

I hope you are ok.

StevieG213 Fri 08-Dec-17 12:54:31

Yes thanks after 2 days of pain it disappeared strange 😕

StevieG213 Fri 08-Dec-17 21:59:09

I'm glad I went to hospital as I received a letter today to tell me I have strep B, this was picked up when they swabbed me

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: