Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Unbearable in lower back, pelvic floor and thighs. Please help.

(14 Posts)
MsDoubtingfire Sun 03-Dec-17 15:40:22

Three days ago my pelvic bones in my lower back started to ache. I thought I’d hurt my back, I have a bad back often but always higher. Then it spread and my pelvic floor feels like its been kicked by a horse. The pain radiates down my thighs. I can’t think, I can’t sleep, I can’t concentrate on the kids. I tried OTC pain killers to no avail. Took some codeine I was once prescribed but it’s not even helping.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

RavingRoo Sun 03-Dec-17 15:42:55

Could be anything. See a doctor.

Neenook Sun 03-Dec-17 15:42:58

Following with interest...thought I'd hurt my back 2 days ago, now more into lower abdo...

Fairylea Sun 03-Dec-17 15:44:25

Could be anything really. My first thought is kidney infection / kidney stone / urine infection (which may or may not cause discomfort when urinating). See a doctor: you may need some antibiotics.

MsDoubtingfire Sun 03-Dec-17 15:45:41

THANks. No pain on urinating. It feels like muscle and nerve pain.

MsDoubtingfire Sun 03-Dec-17 15:48:22

I will definitely try and see the GP tomorrow but I fear I won’t get an appointment for a few days.

loveyoutothemoon Sun 03-Dec-17 15:55:51

It does sound like the kidneys, can feel like terrible back pain. And it may not affect urinating.

MsDoubtingfire Sun 03-Dec-17 16:06:50

Thanks. Hopefully doctor will agree to see me tomorrow if it might be my kidneys.

Would I not feel feverish if I had a kidney infection? I don’t feel ill really, although I’ve lost my appetite. I just feel like a horse kicked me in the vag and then started sending electric pulses down my thighs.

1966gettingold Sun 03-Dec-17 16:53:05

Once UTI etxnhas been ruled out , then sounds like a “ hypertonic pelvic floor “ feeling like being kicked by a horse is a common symptom.

Look up PFD pelvic floor dysfunction, constant bad back can work it’s way to the pelvic floor , which can send it into spasm.

Need to relax the pelvic floor and not tighten .

7to25 Sun 03-Dec-17 16:58:43

Sounds like your pelvis is mis-aligned. Physio.

dontbesillyhenry Sun 03-Dec-17 17:02:48

I've been having this a lot recently. Not a uti. Doctors have ordered bloods for kidney function and ovarian cancer as well as coeliac disease. They feel it could well be ibs though- how are your bowel habits

Rainbowandraindrops67 Sun 03-Dec-17 17:03:29

You can have a uti without fever or pain on urinating. Def rule out first.

MsDoubtingfire Sun 03-Dec-17 17:07:35

Thanks.

My bowel habits are fine. I don’t think that’s the issue.

I have just been googling and now im worries that this could be related to Ann operation I had after childbirth to repair my pelvic floor. It was called TVT surgery and I thought it a great success but apparently some people have had awful pain appear years later. But why would it just start now?

It’s awful. I can’t even sit down this pm. I’m laid on the sofa trying to look after three kids and a puppy without moving. Even when laid still the pain is still about 5/10.

Kahlua4me Sun 03-Dec-17 20:48:59

How are you feeling now? If the pain is still that bad it may be worth ringing 111 to ask for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now