Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What is the pain??

(7 Posts)
llmb Sun 03-Dec-17 06:47:02

I know no ones a doctor and I will make a doctors appointment but for a while iv had this pain that is in and off. It’s my right hand side, just above my hip bone, not as high as my belly button. I think ovary area but I may be wrong. It’s a really sharp pain. I get it in and off with no pattern. I last had it 2 weeks ago (started a diary) in the evening, this time it actually woke me up last night and was worse when I was laying in my front. I know it will wear off in a while but just wondered if anyone has had this or has any idea what it could be? It hurts obviously when you press in to that area and hurts when I move about or breath in deeply?

Tia

CrmbleBee Sun 03-Dec-17 08:51:33

Difficult to identify from that. Could be lots of things and it's best not to speculate as it could cause unnecessary worry. Just get checked out.

lazydog Sun 03-Dec-17 09:49:21

Don't put off getting it checked out. Could be something trivial, but you probably should rule out early appendicitis.

llmb Sun 03-Dec-17 10:08:50

Thanks both. Yes I have put it off as it comes then goes and never there obviously when I’m at the doctors! It’s gone now completely but it’s never woken me up before. How low down are the ovaries? I can’t work out if it’s ovary area or not ?

Myneighboursnorlax Sun 03-Dec-17 10:12:30

Does it happen after eating fatty foods? Could it be gallstones?

PlateOfBiscuits Sun 03-Dec-17 10:13:19

Endometriosis! This was one of my first symptoms and I had none of the others (painful heavy periods, pain during sex, etc).

llmb Sun 03-Dec-17 10:16:03

No I didn’t have any fatty food last night, yesterday at all really?

See, when it comes to period/sex related things I have no idea as I’m on cerazette pill so I don’t have periods and that stops most women ovulating and I am single and haven’t had sex for a long time so I can’t even see if I have any other symptoms?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: