Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any ideas on what my mystery malaise could be?

(4 Posts)
Clarioncall Sat 02-Dec-17 22:55:34

I have been suffering from vague but debilitating symptoms for over seven weeks now and although they have improved slightly they're really affecting my quality of life and I have no idea what the cause is. As well as constant fatigue I have a pounding headache all the time. I also have peculiar joint/nerve pains mainly in the back of my body from my scalp to my buttocks. If I bend down to pick something off the floor or get really stressed it causes a wave of nausea and intensifies my headache. At times I can even feel a nerve pain in my teeth.

At first I thought it was a virus and just tried to rest as much as possible, I also thought it might have been caused by a disastrous massage I had just before the symptoms started where they used a metal implement to massage my vertebrae.

I'm seeing my GP next week, I know I should have gone before but I kept hoping the symptoms would improve by themselves and I don't have much faith in him anyway.

Has anyone had anything similar or have any ideas on what could be causing it? I am terrified I am going to feel like this forever.

dantdmistedious Sat 02-Dec-17 23:00:03

But d deficiency, menopause?

Userplusnumbers Sat 02-Dec-17 23:02:24

Trapped nerve perhaps? It may have been the massage.

Clarioncall Sat 02-Dec-17 23:06:17

Thanks for the responses, I am post-menopause and when I had my last blood test a few months ago my vit D levels were okay, I wondered about a trapped nerve as well, I have had some osteopathy and massages which have relieved the symptoms a little bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now