Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Reflux and breathing issues...

(4 Posts)
rainsbows Sat 02-Dec-17 19:53:15

Does anyone else find they go hand in hand? They set each other off. I frequently need a swig of gaviscon along with my inhaler. Just me???

Labradoodliedoodoo Sat 02-Dec-17 20:03:06

Have you tried going gluten free?

rainsbows Sun 03-Dec-17 12:21:27

Years ago. No difference.

I get a sensation at the back of my throat all the way down to my stomach that something is blocked and I get a sensation of breathlessness (chest X-ray and stethoscope fine) until I can burp (tmi but it's always really frothy).

Flamingale Sun 03-Dec-17 23:30:34

I have acid reflux and take a lansoprasole tablet daily. Since developing a constant cough I've gone back to using asthma inhalers as well which settled the cough.

There is a syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, GERD (or GORD as it's known in the US) which includes acid reflux and asthma symptoms.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: