Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Trapped nerve in neck - how long to improve

(4 Posts)
Eve Sat 02-Dec-17 15:51:29

Done it Tuesday, saw osteopath Thurs , he thought nerve from C5 was pinched and treated it but said would get worse before better.

But it's so bloody sore, was in tears earlier with the pain so back on the coedine, on top of ibuprofen and paracetamol.

Can't lift right arm above waist height,

Is this pain for so long normal? How long does it take to improve - would choose childbirth over this pain.

LunasSpectreSpecs Sat 02-Dec-17 15:57:54

Every sympathy, I had the same a couple of years ago and it was bloody awful.

Have you got a good physio near you? I paid for two private sessions and it helped considerably, started to seen an improvement almost immediately.

takemetomars Sat 02-Dec-17 16:12:56

please see a medic or a physio. Osteopaths have NO idea what they are doing and could cause seious damage

blimppy Sat 02-Dec-17 18:32:54

I had the same a few years ago - worst pain ever! A fabulous NHS physio sorted me out. My GP referred me for an urgent appointment and I was seen within 2 days. I suggest seeing your GP and asking for urgent physio.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now