Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How regular are you?

(12 Posts)
rainsbows Sat 02-Dec-17 09:03:51

How common is it to be really textbook bang on 28 days?

I'm +/- 3 days of 25 every month. The uncertainty is really annoying but is that "irregular?".

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Sat 02-Dec-17 09:11:57

IMO no, but when I was ttc I read that a few days out each month e.g 30 days, 32 days, 29 days etc. Is considered irregular, and I was very surprised by this. It doesn't bother me though. I always considered irregular not having a period every month or wildly different cycle times.

rainsbows Sat 02-Dec-17 15:28:18

Interesting I guess by definition I'm irregular then

trinity0097 Sat 02-Dec-17 17:21:38

That would be amazing. I can go anything from 3 days to 60 days between periods!

Aspieparent Sat 02-Dec-17 17:24:15

I don't think hardly anyone has a regular period if that's the case. My days vary by a day or two each month. My gp said they class regular on what's normal for you.

DearTeddyRobinson Sat 02-Dec-17 19:21:28

I did when I was younger, every 29 days bang on (teens & 20s), then was on the pill for about 10 yrs. was regular again when TTC the 2 kids, but been all over the shop for the last year (I'm nearly 43). GP says this is my new, pre menopausal normal, gah, so I've just had the coil fitted!!

ragged Sat 02-Dec-17 19:32:27

I'm always shock when someone on MN (usually menop forum) moans that they have been precisely regular like clockwork for 35 yrs & suddenly they aren't regular (and then every other health problem they have gets blamed on peri-menop, too). I can't imagine being clock-like! But it seems common. I've had some phases of being regular, but my regular might be 23 days or 35 days.

PollyPerky Sun 03-Dec-17 19:53:16

'Every 28 days' is not the norm. it's an average cycle. The norm is anywhere from about 21- 35 days. Most women are not 28 days every time, or 30, or 32, or whatever. Most women have periods that vary by 2-3 days every month.

SorenLorensonsInvisibleFriend Sun 03-Dec-17 19:57:33

I mark my diary up from days 25-31 and it could hit on any of those days. Usually it's around 27/28 but occasionally it's a bunch of 25s (bah) or a pressurised PMT-filled wait until 31!

stardust18 Sun 03-Dec-17 19:59:40

I'm usually every 28/29 days I haven't been on birth control for maybe 15 years don't know if that has anything to do with it

rainsbows Mon 04-Dec-17 11:18:32

I hate the unpredictability even if it is within a few days each month.

maddiemookins16mum Mon 04-Dec-17 17:42:12

For years I was really irregular, would go three months with nothing then one would come from nowhere with no warning.
Once I hit 45 ish, I became regular to the point of I can mark in my diary when I'm due on - and it's rarely more than a day either side of my 'due on' date (two at most).
It makes booking holidays or a last minute break away for the weekend for instance much easier (within reason).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now