Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

To visit the walk in centre?

(830 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Sienna333 Sat 02-Dec-17 08:55:59

The top of my bumcrack has a small white/flesh coloured spot on it and although it looks insignificant, it is stinging like mad and I can barely sit. AIBU to go to the walk in centre? I can't take a minute more of this and what's worse is that I am on my period sad

MumGoneMild Sat 02-Dec-17 08:58:13

Have you had an antihistamine or anything?

letsdolunch321 Sat 02-Dec-17 08:59:58

Just go to the walk in centre, earlier the better. I visited mine recently with an ear infection was seen within 20mins

Good luck

Sienna333 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:14:38

Why a antihistamine?

I am worried they will do an anal examination and I am on my period. Terrified I have anal cancer and that they will be disgusted if I go in during my period. (I have severe health anxiety).

Sienna333 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:17:16

Just saw there is something called a philandrial cyst which sounds similar to me but as I said, all I can see is a small flesh coloured spot when I open up the cheeks to have a look. (Sorry). Doesn't look like a cyst and wish I hadn't read about it now as panicked it has panicked me even more.

MickeyLuv Sat 02-Dec-17 09:19:27

Is it here like in the picture? If so it is more likely to be a cyst, not anal cancer. It isn't actually anywhere near your anus.

Definintely go to the WiC though, they will put your mind at rest.

GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough Sat 02-Dec-17 09:19:55

Pop in to a pharmacy and speak to them they will be able to tell u if u need to go to the walk in centre and will probably be able to give you something for it

uncoolnn Sat 02-Dec-17 09:22:34

Just a thought - I get really painful in this area when I use sanitary towels and not tampons. Could it just be an irritation?

Sienna333 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:23:07

Mickeyluv it is definitely in that area but doesn't look that sore. Then again, obviously I can't see what's going on inside. I can just see a small white spot which doesn't look red or inflammed but stings like mad.
I am worried the walk in centre will be disgusted as I am on my period sad

Sienna333 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:26:24

Uncoolnn No, had it for a week now and period only started two days ago sad
I used a salt scrub in the shower before it started, I wonder if it is maybe that. That's the rational side, the other side is terrified it is a cancer.

It's embarrassing enough going in with this let alone when I am on my period but if it is a philandrial cyst, it will only get worse and worse from what I have seen. I cannot wait around, has to be seen today.

MickeyLuv Sat 02-Dec-17 09:28:37

Well if it is in that position as in the picture, I doubt they would even need to know you are on your period. You could just pull the top of your trousers/knickers down a bit.

I would defintely get it checked because even if it doesn't look that sore, if it is one of those cysts they can get very painful and required a lot of treatment. Best to get it sorted as early as possible.

runningtogetskinny Sat 02-Dec-17 09:29:59

Any medical professional won't be remotely phased by you being on your period, it's nothing to them. Please don't let it stop you going if you feel you need to

Sienna333 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:36:20

Mickeyluv I am guessing they would want to check the rest of my bum though? I guess if I get it looked at now, it stops the chances of me needing extensive work on it though? I will just have to tell them that and hope they won't be too revolted.

Marissa2727 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:41:12

No medical professional will be revolted by you being on your period. It's a natural thing. I wouldn't even give it a second thought. They have seen far worse.

Emabrmsca Sat 02-Dec-17 09:43:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fadingmemory Sat 02-Dec-17 09:44:56

Medics see everything in terms of the human body. It's what they train for. Periods are a fact of life (!) for half the population and are messy but not disgusting. Without them, most of us would not exist. For temporary relief you could try Germaloids - a thick ointment containing a mild anaesthetic. Available over the counter. I use it and really rate it. RE your fears, get checked - you can then be either reassured or treated.

fucksakefay Sat 02-Dec-17 09:45:16

Don't be silly about your period! Every woman has them it's completely natural and why delay being in pain and seeking help because of your period. It doesn't look anywhere near your vagina but if they do ask to examine you you'd just say.
I had an actual vaginal procedure whilst on my period - I told Dr and she said it made absolutely no difference and not to worry at all, in fact she was falling over herself to reassure me it was ok which makes me think many women are ashamed of having periods which to a medical professional is ridiculous!

AfunaMbatata Sat 02-Dec-17 09:47:45

Just shower first and put in a clean tampon. It really won’t phase them though.
And stop googling!

Sienna333 Sat 02-Dec-17 09:52:26

I can't wear tampons so wear pads.
Do you think a pharmacist will look at it? Just thinking of all my options.

I know my health anxiety is out of control and yes, Google is the worst place to look but it's so hard not to. I tried Germaloids and it made the stinging worse and not better which has worried me.

Sienna333 Sat 02-Dec-17 10:11:02

Anyone know if a pharmacist will look? Save me hours of waiting at the walk in centre

Marissa2727 Sat 02-Dec-17 10:16:24

They will probably have a look at it but may just send you to the walk in centre anyway. There's no harm in going to the pharmacist first though, especially if it is near the walk in centre. If it is very painful though you probably do need to go to the walk in centre. I know it's hard but try not to worry about it.

Migraleve Sat 02-Dec-17 10:26:02

You are being ridiculous. Go to the walk in and let them look at the problem. They are not going to want to examine you anally for that and even if they did suspect something that required further examination you can just book with your GO for that. They won't know you have your period by looking at the top of your arse crack.

AnUtterIdiot Sat 02-Dec-17 10:30:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sienna333 Sat 02-Dec-17 10:48:52

Got my sister to have a look and she said she can't see anything but a small red scratch at the top of my crack. Don't think that could be causing the stinging but going to ring some chemists in my area to see if they can look at it and then decide on the walk in centre. Relieved she can't see a cyst like I thought I had.

Namethecat Sat 02-Dec-17 10:54:22

Could it be a sweat rash that's just had split the skin a little, as that can be painful. Or do you get eczema as they can suddenly come up anywhere. I'm not sure if I'd be going off anywhere to get it checked out. Give it a few days,keep area extra clean and see what happens.

This thread is not accepting new messages.