Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you shorten your cycle?

(4 Posts)
Lookingforsomething1983 Fri 01-Dec-17 19:16:41

This might be a stupid question but is there any way to make my period come quicker?
I dislike that time of the month as I expect most do, but I have my Christmas party soon and I know I am due to come on around that time. I'd so love to not be and wondered if there are any tips and tricks I can try.
I'm not on any birth control so can't take any back to back. Just want to feel like a million dollars and I never do when I'm bleeding!

Skyechasemarshalontheway Fri 01-Dec-17 19:23:04

You can take medication to prevent your period coming. Your gp can give you it.

tribpot Fri 01-Dec-17 19:24:33

You can delay it - this is what I do when I'm going on holiday. However, it doesn't tend to stop the pre-menstrual feelings as you only start taking it 3 days before your period is due.

Alas what would probably have been better would have been to delay your last one a bit so that you weren't due during your Xmas party. I'm thinking about trying that before my holiday next year.

EmmaGrundyForPM Fri 01-Dec-17 19:24:40

Noresthisterone will delay your period. You can get it prescribed by your GP or buy it online from Lloyyds or Boots.

I use it to stop my period arriving whilst I'm on holiday. It's great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now