Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Toothpaste

(4 Posts)
MaggieW Mon 01-Jul-02 14:13:33

Can anyone recommend a natural toothpaste which doesn't contain saccharin please? The only ones on the shelves seem to be crammed full of all sorts of nasties.

PamT Mon 01-Jul-02 14:28:23

You could just brush with bicarbonate of soda (yuck), alternatively try some of the health food shops, I know that there are a lot of environmentally friendly and vegan toothpastes (and even toothbrushes) available. I think www.vegansociety.com might actually sell them (they also do vegan condoms because normal ones are made with milk derivatives! Now that's a conversation stopper isn't it? ) Somebody is bound to say I have a one track mind now, but it all comes down to unsuspected additives which is important when you have a child on a restricted diet.

SueDonim Mon 01-Jul-02 15:12:04

Weleda do a variety of toothpastes made from natural ingredients. Not sure if they have a website, or a good chemist should be able to supply. HTH

batey Mon 01-Jul-02 18:23:11

Check out "Green People" website, they probably do one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: