Talk

Advanced search

2 new moles age 34

(7 Posts)
zazzabeans Sun 19-Nov-17 11:14:25

I am ill with worry! Came across 2 small moles in my upper back last night about 1/2cm between them!
Both symmetrical and they feel a bit rough like Rice Krispies
They are light brown in colour however one has a small darker dot inside they aren't itchy painful or sore.
I am fair skinned oth blue eyes.
I have been to USA in June then Spain in September and they weren't there then because I would have felt then whilst applying suncream
I do have hundreds of freckles and no moles whatsoever apart from these 2 .
I am seeing go in 2 weeks but have really had health anxiety at times 😕 I am absolutely terrified

Ansumpasty Sun 19-Nov-17 14:19:31

It's expected to get new moles until the age of 40. I'm sure you are fine

StillMedusa Sun 19-Nov-17 16:39:19

I gained several new ones this year.. two on my arm and a couple on my back. I thought that was pretty normal! I do get my dh to check my back now and again as I had a dodgy one removed a few years ago, but I'm fair and freckled and they just keep coming. I was also badly burned this summer ( snorkelling ..sun cream not up to the job despite reapplying very frequently) and was in the sun for a couple of months while trvelling.

Get them checked by all means but the vast majority of people have..and gain moles now and again... it doesn't mean there is a problem!
If they are even slightly concerning, then trust me they will be whipped off in no time but I think it's far more likely you have a health anxiety problem than a skin one.

NanTheWiser Sun 19-Nov-17 16:45:00

Sounds like sebhorreic keratosis which are quite harmless.

zazzabeans Sun 19-Nov-17 18:07:17

Actual pics!

whoareyoukidding Sun 19-Nov-17 18:19:11

I agree with nan. But I would go to GP too just to be on the safe side.

Ansumpasty Sun 19-Nov-17 18:36:21

Op,
I recognise you from another forum. Posting here can often mean you get answers from people who aren't sensitive to health anxiety and what is and isn't great to say to someone who suffers from it. Trust me, I've been there.
If those were on myself or someone I loved, I would tell them not to worry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: