Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had a kidney infection?

(5 Posts)
Evizza Tue 14-Nov-17 17:11:07

I have been having pain in the kidney areas for the past week and have been feeling off for a couple of days so eventually went to the doctors. She said the test strip showed blood in the urine and I have a high temperature so she's put me on antibiotics for a week and sent the sample off.

I have really really bad health anxiety and I'm panicking now...i made the mistake of googling kidney infection and seen it can lead to sepsis and other awful stuff.

What was your experience when you had an infection and how long until the symptoms cleared up? Cheers x

Kelsoooo Tue 14-Nov-17 17:13:15

About three days after I started antibiotics I felt loads and loads better.

Findingross Tue 14-Nov-17 20:07:15

I’ve had a few kidney infections. I don’t get any symptoms until too late and I’ve been hospitalised twice and one borderline (where the GP called me the next morning to check that I was ok).
Sounds as though you’ve caught it in time though and a couple of days on antibiotics should really help.
Ensure that you take pain relief to help with any fever.
If your symptoms get worse, don’t hesitate to go back, but trust me, you will definitely know if that’s the case.
Lots of fluid and rest.

Evizza Wed 15-Nov-17 14:37:54

Thank you for the replies. I don't feel quite as feverish today but the pains in my back and sides are really painful sad

BillyDaveysDaughter Wed 15-Nov-17 14:53:35

I've had loads, and my 80 year old mum had a bad one this year. They are rotten, but with the right antibiotics for your particular infection you'll be right as rain in a few days. Rest up, drink plenty.

And stop googling sepsis, you're just frightening yourself! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now