Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tennis elbow help please!

(9 Posts)
Estjab Tue 14-Nov-17 15:58:27

My gp has diagnosed tennis elbow after 6 weeks of pain which has been mainly in the elbow (right elbow - my dominant arm). Lifting stuff is painful. But it's all getting worse with pain spreading down my forearm and in my fingers. Typing now - i have pain in my knuckles. The elbow pain is also now both sides of the elbow joint - it had just been on the inside of the joint. My arm feels weak too. Is this normal for tennis elbow - and can anyone recommend treatment, such as good supports?

I have four children and i'm a freelance writer - so i need to get on top of it! Thanks in advance.

endofthelinefinally Tue 14-Nov-17 16:02:15

Try Tumeric.
Recommended to me by my osteopath.
You also need to rest but I can see that is impossible.
You could also try voltarol gel.

endofthelinefinally Tue 14-Nov-17 16:03:28

What is your posture/work station like?

Estjab Tue 14-Nov-17 16:18:32

Turmeric sounds interesting!
I have a comfy office chair - working at the dining room table. Posture is ok i think. Resting it is, sadly, impossible.
Are these 'additional' pains - ie. in hand, for instance, - normal for tennis elbow?

Spam88 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:20:48

If you’re working at your dining table I expect the height isn’t right for you. Your forearms should be parallel to the floor, not bending up?

endofthelinefinally Tue 14-Nov-17 16:20:59

I am not an expert by any means, but I have a similar condition in my hip. The pain and tenderness spread all the way down my leg and round into my back.
The tumeric is helping.

ilovewelshrarebit123 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:27:02

I had it for months, it was so painful and I had physio exercises given to me.

I also had to wear this brace which I was doubtful would help. It did though, I had to wear it most of the time but this and exercises definitely helped. I also had to use heat and ice and ibuprofen gel, again they all helped.

Three months later it’s gone!

Hope this helps.

Estjab Tue 14-Nov-17 16:28:49

Hmm. My arms are bending up - not much but they are.

Estjab Tue 14-Nov-17 16:38:27

that's really helpful, will look at Amazon! Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now