Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Reasons for pmt symptoms but no period (other than pregnancy!) ?

(4 Posts)
TyrionLannistersShadow Mon 13-Nov-17 16:54:29

I'm 46 and periods are generally regular but I'm now 15 days late. I've had my usual pmt symptoms for the past 2 weeks ie sore boobs, cramping , back pain etc, and am constantly expecting af to start but nothing. I'm definitely NOT pregnant, my dp had a vasectomy 10 yrs ago and anyway I did a cheapie test here a couple of days ago just to double check and it was a BFN. So is this possibly just part of the whole perimenopause business and if so, am I likely to just skip this month or will it eventually arrive in a couple of days? Any words of wisdom gratefully received!

TheOtherGirl Mon 13-Nov-17 17:11:42

It sounds like you may be having an anovulatory month, where you get some of the symptoms but don't actually ovulate. It's quite common as you get nearer the menopause.

TyrionLannistersShadow Mon 13-Nov-17 23:10:31

Thanks TheOtherGirl does it mean I won't get my period at all this month, do you know? I wonder why I have all the symptoms for the past 2 weeks though, it's very frustrating!

TheOtherGirl Tue 14-Nov-17 09:29:32

Possibly not? An anovulatory cycle usually means you produce enough hormones to cause some PMS symptoms, but not enough to properly ovulate. It's very common as you move nearer the menopause.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now