Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu like symptons for 3 weeks

(4 Posts)
HelenFlorence2015 Mon 13-Nov-17 13:58:19

Hi,
I am a working mum and am hoping my terrible immune system is due to being constantly tired. Hubby works weekends so I am pretty much at work or a single mum at weekends - he reckons I am just exhausted and that is why I can't shake this thing off. But even so, 3 weeks with flu like symptoms seems a long time - has anyone else suffered from this? I am scared of going to the doctor in case they diagnose something wrong (other than the flu!).

rogueantimatter Mon 13-Nov-17 14:07:25

Poor you. That sounds horrible.

You could take the following to help

Hot drinks made with a stick of cinnamon, star anise and manuka
Lemon and manuka honey and root ginger in hot water
Rosehip syrup or
Take 1mg of vitamin C three or four times a
And take a zinc supplement with food
Sambucol might help
If you can stand to, crunching raw garlic will help a sore throat. Will also keep vampires and your DH away too.
Keep warm.
Could you take some time off your work. Or outsource housework, get in a few ready meals or takeaways for a couple of days so you can concentrate on getting as much rest as possible.

PandoNoPants Mon 13-Nov-17 14:18:16

I did a couple of years ago. Felt like I had the flu for a few weeks. Leg muscles ached, felt exhausted, cold. I then lost my voice and just felt terrible.

I'd been on 3 different types of antibiotics and my gp finally took swabs. I actually had something called h influenzae and it was only sensitive to certain drugs!

I'd say go and see your gp. Better to get these things checked out properly. Even if it is just a lingering virus, you'll feel better for being seen. Hope you feel better x

HelenFlorence2015 Mon 13-Nov-17 14:25:02

Thanks, I suffer really badly with anxiety and know I need to get to the docs. I was kind of hoping that tons of mums would get online and reply to my feed telling me how normal this was. That would alleviate my anxious thoughts. Grrr, since becoming a mum I worry constantly about every single little thing. And she is 2 and a half now with no sign of the anxiety getting better. :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now