Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Permanent Bruise under- how to get rid?

(5 Posts)
LoudBatPerson Mon 13-Nov-17 11:51:00

I am hoping someone here has had similar and can shed some light on how to get rid of of a bruise which refuses to go away.

For several months now I have had a bruise under my finger nail. I first noticed it around Easter, but don't really know why it bruised. I couldn't recall any injury or knock to the finger.

It is on my middle finger, right at the edge of the nail (under the nail) and runs up almost the entire length of the nail in a straight line.

It's not painful really but is tender if I touch the nail.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of it or why the bruise is still there after all this time?

SaggyBalloons Mon 13-Nov-17 12:25:54

I think you should see your GP to get it checked out. Sometimes melanomas can present this way.

LoudBatPerson Mon 13-Nov-17 14:04:23

Oh, I didn't know that. I will mention it next time I am at the GP.

However I am fairly sure it is bruising, as it looks very bruise like. I tried to get a picture but it was hard to get one in focus entirely ugh to see it clearly! However I think it really looks like brushing, rather than something sinister.

DubiousCredentials Mon 13-Nov-17 14:06:38

I would get it checked out by your GP rather than leave it.

milkchocandmint Mon 13-Nov-17 15:10:21

I would not wait until you happen to be next time at the GP but make an appointment. chances are it's just s bruise but I wouldn't take any chance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now