Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Oh no, my nipple's going to fall off!

(8 Posts)
OvO Sun 12-Nov-17 20:28:42

Or maybe not but it's definitely being badly behaved.

I found a lump in my breast 2 weeks ago. Breast clinic appointment is tomorrow. So don't know why I've started this thread as I'll know what it is soon enough.

Stupid lump was small when I saw my GP, and totally painless. Now the fucker is MASSIVE and it hurts a lot. There's now a nice red rash too. It's so big my boob is misshapen! It's just next/behind my nipple hence my thread title. The red rash half covers my nipple.

I'm thinking massive, sore and red is an infected cyst or something? I can't google as I've banned myself from googling breast lumps as that way stress lies!

So I guess I just want people to say that it sounds exactly like what they/mum/friend had and it was totally fine.

And if no fucker replies to me I'll cry! 😭

Bella8 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:36:35

Awww Hun don't worry, it totally sounds like a cyst to me. They can get infected and fill with fluid and become inflamed. The cyst may be smaller than you think but all the tissue around it may be swollen and inflamed making whole area look a lot worse than it actually is! There's that many ducts and stuff it's easy for these things to develop. The human body is a funny thing isn't it we can get some weird and wonderful problems! Honestly try not to worry as you'll be fine and waking out of there tomorrow thinking what a whole load of hassle for something relatively minor!

Bella8 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:37:01

walking

OvO Sun 12-Nov-17 20:43:19

Thanks, Bella, that's exactly the sort of reply I was looking for! flowers

Bella8 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:48:09

You are welcome, good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure everything will be fine. 👍🏼😃

PurpleStarInCashmereSky Mon 13-Nov-17 13:10:50

How was your appointment OP?

OvO Mon 13-Nov-17 13:59:25

Thanks for asking, Purple. 🙂

It was an infected cyst! They drained it there and then and I have antibiotics to take for the next week.

My nipple is saved!

Though unfortunately they found another lump which is unconnected to Evil Nipple Lump so I have an appointment for next Monday to get it scanned.

What are the chances of two lumps with different causes?! Stupid left boob. My right one is now my favourite.

PurpleStarInCashmereSky Mon 13-Nov-17 18:33:55

Give the right one some chocolate. The left one can go to its room in disgrace. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now