Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Where to go next? any advice? a & e?

(11 Posts)
mrsdarcey78 Sun 12-Nov-17 13:26:59

Hi I am in a lot of pain. I have severe swelling and pain in my wrists and ankles. I have tried painkillers, cold pads, and gels. Nothing has helped. I am unable to sleep with it and feel sick. I tried to call out of hours and redirected to 111. who have said call the GP to get a appointment. I am still in severe pain and feeling sick. The nearest minor injuries unit is over 10 miles away and no public transport on a weekend. I have never luckily been to a and e before but I am thinking of going there to get help. I am finding it hard to mobilise and feeling sick and breathless. any advice please? thanks

Floralnomad Sun 12-Nov-17 13:31:46

If you are short of breath , and that is unusual for you then I would just ring 999 and get an ambulance . Hope you get it sorted .

LIZS Sun 12-Nov-17 13:34:04

Do you have a chemist nearby who could advise. Take a taxi or ask a neighbour/friend for a lift? Some areas have volunteer drivers for medical appointments but maybe only for routine or weekdays. Is it water retention perhaps or do you have an underlying health condition?

PurplePillowCase Sun 12-Nov-17 13:34:09

is the swelling due to an existing condition?

it sounds like you need to call for an ambulance if you have swelling all over and are breathless.

mrsdarcey78 Sun 12-Nov-17 14:10:16

the swelling and pain is new. its a severe pain. my friend has said she can take to the a and e after work this evening so I hope to go then. the woman on the phone said it sounded like onset arthritis?.

choccoffeegeek Sun 12-Nov-17 14:16:04

Did you tell 111 you were breathless? Do you have a temperature? I would call them back if your symptoms have changed since last talking to them

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sun 12-Nov-17 14:17:34

breathing trouble = ambulance

hope you get it sorted

lljkk Sun 12-Nov-17 14:32:53

What is your long term chronic health condition, OP?

nextstopChristmas Sun 12-Nov-17 18:25:32

How are you doing now?

SandunesAndRainclouds Sun 12-Nov-17 18:28:04

I think that the information you've given in isolation makes it difficult to advise, not that strangers on t'internet are the best placed to work out if you need immediate medical attention.

Did you tell 111 everything you've put here including the breathlessness?

mrsdarcey78 Sun 19-Nov-17 00:45:00

thanks for the supportive comments. i have a appointment to see my GP next thursday. that was the next one that was available. oxfordshire dont see people on "same day" emergencies at all now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: