Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eyes

(5 Posts)
Inarutneedhelp Sun 12-Nov-17 10:15:44

I spend a lot of time using computers in my work. Then I am on my iPad or phone reading news , chatting with family and friends as I live far away from them . I wear glasses but I’m waking everyday with a headache and I constantly struggle now to focus.

I fear now that I have done damage to my eyes. I worry if I have what are the next generation going to be like . But maybe it’s just I have bad eyes and it would have happened anyway

Anyone else same problem

lljkk Sun 12-Nov-17 10:23:46

When did you last get your eyes tested to make sure you're wearing right glasses?

tinydancer88 Sun 12-Nov-17 10:27:39

That much reading/screen work will strain your eyes if you are not wearing the correct prescription.

I was getting awful headaches, sore eyes and blurred vision at the end of the day and just needed a very minor tweak to my prescription to solve the problem.

An eye test would be my first port of call.

Inarutneedhelp Sun 12-Nov-17 15:50:06

I get tested every 2 years . I’m due in January but going this week early for it .

I do need to start carrying my reading glasses I think with me . Tend to leave in bedroom really.

Inarutneedhelp Sun 12-Nov-17 15:50:54

Tinydance think you might have hit nail on head . Prob need a tweak too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now