Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Painful wisdom tooth

(4 Posts)
itsbetterthanabox Sat 11-Nov-17 12:04:11

I think it's Pericoronitis again because I have a partially erupted wisdom tooth.

I had it before and the first time it was really bad and I was given antibiotics and the second time they just gave it a good clean and me a dental syringe to clean it with.

As it's a weekend any dental people know if I need to see someone or if I keep cleaning it and using corsodyl will it be ok until Monday? It's not too painful atm, I can still open my mouth fully and eat but the glands in my neck are up on that side too. I just fear it getting worse!

Will home care be fine? or do I need to see an emergency dentist for antibiotics?
Thanks!

itsbetterthanabox Sat 11-Nov-17 14:00:16

Bump

Fluffypie1 Sat 11-Nov-17 21:03:28

Hi have had this a few times.keep rinsing with warm salt water.will help with swelling

Realitea Sat 11-Nov-17 21:19:18

Hi, I’ve had this so many times, got them taken out in the end. You can still open your mouth, no temperature.. I think you’ll be ok until Monday. I didn’t have antibiotics every time. What’s handy is a calpol syringe- squirt corsodyl right at the inflamed area to give it a good clean. Salt waters good too! If you’ve had pericoronitis twice you should be referred to have the wisdom teeth taken out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: