Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spotty bum

(7 Posts)
Sunnyx Fri 10-Nov-17 20:45:47

Very embarrassing. I have spots on my bum and they can be a little painful if I apply pressure. Some are kind of under the skin and when they go, I seem to be left with little scars.

What could this be? Do I really need to see the GP or any at home remedies please?

Footle Fri 10-Nov-17 23:11:18

Get your blood glucose checked for a start.

Ragusa Fri 10-Nov-17 23:19:24

Can I ask whether bum spots are a symptom of diabetes?! I also get these 🤔

gamerchick Fri 10-Nov-17 23:21:15

Staphylococcus?

Ollivander84 Fri 10-Nov-17 23:31:49

Make sure to wash body after hair so you aren't getting conditioner on it
I would be tempted to use something like an anti bac soap (dettol bar soap) or tea tree body wash or this which has salicylic acid in http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/alba-botanica-acne-face-and-body-scrub-227g-0089915.html?utmsource=google&utmmedium=merchant&utmkeyword=foo&istCompanyId=17773c4e-a26f-4631-9b91-73e6422dbe77&istItemId=xqqrxpmlpi&istBid=tztx&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6K65pS11wIVMyjTCh0beAaREAQYBCABEgKGxvD_BwE

Exfoliate with something, the body wash I linked above should work. If you have any acid pads like nip/fab exfoliating ones then they wouldn't do any harm
No clogging moisturisers either

Ollivander84 Fri 10-Nov-17 23:33:26

Posted too soon. If you've done all the above then I would try this, it's apply for a few mins then wash off http://www.boots.com/acnecide-wash-gel-50g-10187568

Ellapaella Sat 11-Nov-17 08:13:50

I’ve had a spotty bum since I was a kid and am 38 now and in perfectly good health! Having observed other bums over the years (as you do) I am not the only one and it’s perfectly normal. Try using a shower gel or wash that contains salicylic acid such as the neutrogena one, use it with one of those body mitts and it will make a difference. I’m not sure presenting yourself at the GP and asking to be checked for diabetes purely on the basis of a spotty bum is going to go down too well to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now