Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

No hearing, smell or taste for 6 weeks.

(1 Post)
emmabrown123 Fri 10-Nov-17 14:56:10

From the beginning of October I haven’t been able to hear in my right ear, smell or taste anything. It’s started with a cold, then I went on a flight and my ear popped and have been deaf in it ever since.

Nurse practitioner suspected an ear / sinus infection. I’ve had 3 courses of antibiotics, no change.

Saw the GP to say I just need to see if it gets better on its own. Surely there must be something else they can try?!! I posted before about trying a private GP app but haven’t done it yet as I wouldn’t be able to afford a referral on if it were private.

Has anyone else got any suggestions for home remedies? I’ve tried anti histamines, steaming, nasal sprays. Also taking Paracetamol and ibuprofen for the pain in my ear.

I’m miserable. I know it seems a minor thing but I adore food and not being able to taste anything at all is getting me down.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: