Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tvt - mesh sling

(5 Posts)
Klw29 Thu 09-Nov-17 14:57:34

Hi all,

Am looking fo some advice please.. I had the tvt mesh sling fitted last September, due to having no pelvic floor, and leaking when coughing, laughing... not attractive lol
Anyway it’s just over a year and I am now experiencing horrible pain in my hips and legs. Has anyone else had this?

Many thanks look forward to hearing from you.

MollyHuaCha Thu 09-Nov-17 15:02:05

Poor you. You’ll be aware of recent publicity around the debilitating problems some women have had following this type of surgery. But I understand they are, thankfully, in the minority.

Maybe ask your GP’s advice? Your pain might not be related to the TVT.

Klw29 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:49:38

Thankyou for your reply,
I went to the doctors yesterday and she really didn’t no what to do and hadn’t heard of the recent news regarding tvt. 1st she said it could be to do with tight hamstrings?
Gave me tablets for nerve pain.. but these are also for depression...

1966gettingold Fri 10-Nov-17 07:29:21

I suggest you join a face book group called “ sling the mesh “ where there are 1,000 s of ladies / men in your position.....your GP must have her head in the sand as the van mesh campaign has been going on for along time .....there’s a piece in the GMC magazine also about mesh.

As a top mesh removing surgeon has said “ the pelviiis a very flexible area , and to put mesh into it which sets like concrete, is like car crash in the pelvis”.

Sorry for your suffering, it’s criminal what ladies are not being told re mesh.

Klw29 Tue 21-Nov-17 12:55:00

Thankyou for your reply... I was so schooled when the gp said not heard of that.. I told her to google it..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now