Talk

Advanced search

What kind of hell is this....piles? (Definitely TMI)

(22 Posts)
Iamnotmydisability Thu 09-Nov-17 14:05:22

I will get out of the way first that I am not the poo troll. I am in genuine arse pain right now and need advice on what to do, please be kind...

Yesterday I had a very large 'movement' IYSWIM. It was quite hard and painful to pass.

Today I need to erm...have another 'movement' and I feel like it's so painful that I can't. Clearly there are some small tears around the 'opening', these things happen and they are painful but manageable. However further up, inside, feels like I have shit out a bucket of broken glass (sorry - couldn't think of an appropriate euphemism).

I now need to go - but it feels too painful to - in the meantime it's all becoming compacted because I'm holding on to it which I know will make things worse.

How do I get out of this vicious arse pain circle? Please help!

Yours,

Desperate in Hants

Iamnotmydisability Thu 09-Nov-17 14:06:41

<Totally sounds like a poo troll even though tried hard not to>

<Grimaces>

<Waddles to go and make a coffee>

Lozmatoz Thu 09-Nov-17 14:32:23

Get to the doctors or in the mean time get some over the counter anusol. Drink loads of warm/hot water. Maybe some paracetamol to ease the pain.

Lozmatoz Thu 09-Nov-17 14:35:51

Long term, try some fibre gel or lactulose

Iamnotmydisability Thu 09-Nov-17 15:16:12

Thanks...wasn't sure if a visit to the GP was warranted or if I would be wrong to take their time up with it.

Will definitely get on the rest of those tips asap...

Blackcatonthesofa Thu 09-Nov-17 16:12:21

Lots of water and a long walk to help soften things up.

Fekko Thu 09-Nov-17 16:13:22

Sanitary towels in the freezer and nappy rash cream. Poor you!!

Margomyhero Thu 09-Nov-17 17:43:33

Possibly not piles- but could be an analysis fissure? Intensely painful - I know. Been there.

Drink lots of water. Eat fruit amd veggies galore. I found that peaches, plums and apricots worked wonders.

Don't use pile creams if it's not piles as the cream can make it harder for any split to heal.

VioletHornswaggle Thu 09-Nov-17 17:44:36

You sound like you have fissures. A trip to the GP (you may be examined) may get you a prescription for poo softening medicine.

EnidAlexandraRollins Thu 09-Nov-17 17:52:07

Anusol cream suppositries are your friend. In my experience GP doesn't do much even if there is a fissure.

The suppositries are a massive help honestly.

From an 11yrs plus sufferer...it is wonderful what joy my pregnancies brought to my life ;-)

LuluJakey1 Thu 09-Nov-17 21:30:36

Anti inflammatories
Suppository
Sit in warm bath to poo

Then go to GP and see if it is piles or fissure

Youcanstayundermyumbrella Fri 10-Nov-17 17:22:36

If it's a fissure there are creams that can help. Sympathies, they are agony. I've got them after every birth and I'd rather crown ten babies that do those poos.

Youcanstayundermyumbrella Fri 10-Nov-17 17:22:59

THAN do those poos!

witchofzog Fri 10-Nov-17 17:28:38

Fissure definitely. I had the same and had to cry into a towel every time I had to go. Bloody horrendous and you have my sympathy

The doctor may be able to prescribe some constipation relief medication to soften things up and help you to go more often. Drink loads of water too as poo absorbs water to make it softer and easier to pass

Sugarpiehoneyeye Fri 10-Nov-17 17:28:39

Tonight before you go to bed, take a desert spoon of olive oil and orange juice, it should help. Dab the ring, (sorry to be graphic), with Witch Hazel.
It's miserable, but you'll be okay.

tatree Fri 10-Nov-17 18:18:43

I had a fissure, internal and external piles after the birth of my LO.. I feel your pain. Lactulose which you can get over the counter in a pharmacy, lots of water and dried fruit. Sudocream down there. Don’t tense when going and keep your lips and shoulders relaxed as tensing will make it worse. Don’t hold it in.

Would go to the doctors - when mine were at their worst and I had the broken glass feeling I was prescribed suppositories and a cream and it definitely helped.

Floralnomad Fri 10-Nov-17 18:21:50

Long term find a non medical solution like bran flakes or prunes , I was recently advised by a colorectal surgeon that your bowel becomes immune to the fibre gel type things that you can buy and it’s best to find a natural solution . Hope you are feeling better today OP

disahsterdahling Sat 11-Nov-17 15:52:12

Just to say as well if you have a small stool or bin, put your feet on that to "go". I've been doing so for over 10 years, mentioned it to DH this week as he's been having horrible problems with piles and he'd never heard of it before. It puts you in a better position to poo and you'll put less pressure on the blood vessels and the skin around the anus.

Try not to eat too much fruit etc. It sounds counter-intuitive but being too loose can be worse than being a bit bunged up! If you pass liquidy poos it burns. Try to keep things as balanced as possible.

Big hug.

Realitea Sat 11-Nov-17 21:22:06

I’m thinking lidocaine would be really useful as it sounds like fissures - its a topical anaesthetic and perfect for this. Get some from the chemist!

BroomHandledMouser Sun 12-Nov-17 12:01:20

I had fissures when I'd had both my children and it sounds just like that.

I went to the GP and he have me some cream and coupled with a good diet and walking it went quite quickly.

It was odd cream though, you had to apply it then sit down for half hour as it made you feel a bit funny confused

MissTulipan Sun 12-Nov-17 23:16:12

Iamnotmydisability If it is a fissure I've just found out I have one last week. I thought I had piles for last 6 months. It's horrid...definitely go to GP, I showed my bum to mine last week. So pleased I did.

MissTulipan Mon 13-Nov-17 21:30:45

How are you today? Did you see the gp?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: