Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Emetophobe. Panicking now, possibly a bug.

(4 Posts)
Twopeapods Thu 09-Nov-17 02:53:01

I felt sick all day and going to bed took a couple of rennie's.
Woke up about 2am with a sore tummy and needing to go. Now had to run to the loo 4 times. I also feel extremely nauseous. I'm in full panic mode. I've been phobic all my life and now I'm worried I will start vomiting. I don't know what to do. It's been years since I've been ill. I'm very strict with hand washing etc so I have no idea where I could have picked it up. My DH and two DDs are fine!

Silvercatowner Thu 09-Nov-17 06:44:58

Fellow emetophone here. Big (at a distance) hugs - hope you are over the worst by now. Deep breaths, this too will pass.

beingsunny Thu 09-Nov-17 06:50:23

Fellow emetophobe here, you will almost certainly not be sick, part of the phobia allows us to develop a really strong resistance to the urge and although you may feel terrible and have bad diarreah it will pass. I would keep away from the rest of the family though.

Deep breaths, distractions on your phone and it will pass.

Twopeapods Thu 09-Nov-17 11:58:31

Thank you for your replies. You were right beingsunny I have not been sick. Just feel nauseous. I'm over the worst of it. Just gonna have bland food today when I feel up to it. Thank you .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: