Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Emetophobe. Panicking now, possibly a bug.

(4 Posts)
Twopeapods Thu 09-Nov-17 02:53:01

I felt sick all day and going to bed took a couple of rennie's.
Woke up about 2am with a sore tummy and needing to go. Now had to run to the loo 4 times. I also feel extremely nauseous. I'm in full panic mode. I've been phobic all my life and now I'm worried I will start vomiting. I don't know what to do. It's been years since I've been ill. I'm very strict with hand washing etc so I have no idea where I could have picked it up. My DH and two DDs are fine!

Silvercatowner Thu 09-Nov-17 06:44:58

Fellow emetophone here. Big (at a distance) hugs - hope you are over the worst by now. Deep breaths, this too will pass.

beingsunny Thu 09-Nov-17 06:50:23

Fellow emetophobe here, you will almost certainly not be sick, part of the phobia allows us to develop a really strong resistance to the urge and although you may feel terrible and have bad diarreah it will pass. I would keep away from the rest of the family though.

Deep breaths, distractions on your phone and it will pass.

Twopeapods Thu 09-Nov-17 11:58:31

Thank you for your replies. You were right beingsunny I have not been sick. Just feel nauseous. I'm over the worst of it. Just gonna have bland food today when I feel up to it. Thank you .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now