Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Massive piles!

(5 Posts)
BexleyRae Wed 08-Nov-17 14:39:52

Sorry, but I have to ask if anyone can advise on piles (hemorrhoids). I really don't want to show my bum to the doctor if I can avoid it. But they are the size of a bloody plum, (ive shocked myself looking in a mirror today) not really painful but definitely uncomfortable.
I'm going to start drinking more water as I have been constipated, but what else can I do? What creams do I need?
I have a 13 month DD and I think they have been getting worse and worse since having her
Help!

Jayfee Wed 08-Nov-17 16:03:26

Mine got bad after childbirth. There is a draining actvity they showed me in the hospital where you lie on the floor and use a chair and pillow to lift up your rear end to drain the piles. You can also get cream and it is important to try and get the piles back inside. But your gp wont be at all phased by seeing them. My friend had the surgery but I didn't fancy it!

Jayfee Wed 08-Nov-17 16:04:39

And definitely avoid constipation..plenty of water and a tin of prunes for example

sharemyname Thu 09-Nov-17 09:25:59

Anusol HC suppositories and cream as a first line treatment.
If you can, use Vaseline and try to shove them back in.

MissTulipan Mon 13-Nov-17 23:04:22

Hydrocortisone will help, you can get a mild hydrocortisone treatment in the form of germaloids HC spray from Superdrug and as mentioned above Anusol HC suppositories which I found in Boots. But if you want the good stuff (stronger hydrocortisone) you need a prescription for Scheriproct from GP.

It's not that bad showing arse to GP as at least you lie on side and don't have to see them looking unlike smears etc when on back and can see.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: