Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful intercourse, possibly due to coming off pill?

(11 Posts)
Carlymarie89 Wed 08-Nov-17 12:03:54

About 2 weeks ago me and my partner had sex as usual. (Two days before that everything was fine) and sex was really painful especially deep penetration! After stopping my stomach was really hurting and lasted for about 3 days like I had pulled myself!

Tried sex again after the 3 days and again was painful (no stomach pain though) was like all of it wouldn’t fit in and I couldn’t bare to go on top! Fast forward a week later AF appeared so didn’t have sex for three days. Tried it again last night and whilst the pain isn’t so bad he can’t go in fully and I can’t go on top.

I’m abit confused as this as never happened before and it just came on suddenly! Went to the GP and the nurse on two occasions and they seem to think it’s my body/hormones adjusting after the pill..I’ve been off the pill since the 16th August and this has never happened until now.

Has anyone experienced this before? Seems like the doctors don’t want to know and it’s getting me down!

Note: no unusual discharge, no bleeding after sex, smear a couple of months ago and was fine

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 08-Nov-17 12:21:50

Deep pain during sex can be caused by endometriosis, I would get this issue checked out by a gynaecologist particularly if this continues. In the meantime I would keep a daily pain and symptom diary noting all of this. Have your periods been very painful also?.

Carlymarie89 Wed 08-Nov-17 12:29:45

Hi,

I have read about this but not sure if it can come on suddenly as I’ve never experience pain during intercourse before.

My periods have been painless tbh.

AnguaResurgam Wed 08-Nov-17 21:46:24

Are you up to date with smear tests?

Carlymarie89 Thu 09-Nov-17 06:58:33

Yes had one about 2 months ago all was fine confused

Carlymarie89 Thu 09-Nov-17 06:59:42

The nurse said because I’m not having any bleeding after intercourse it’s probably nothing to worry about, but of course I’m worrying

AnguaResurgam Thu 09-Nov-17 07:44:00

Was the nurse able to refer you to a gynae clinic?

Because although you do get symptoms as you settle back to your own hormonal control, they are (usually) irregular spotting and bleeding.

It's 3 months since you came off the pill, and the pain is a new symptom in the last fortnight. The nurse is correct in that there are lots of non-scary causes. But I think I would be pressing for at least bloods and a scan to ascertain the reason and get it treated (either to cure, or to alleviate symptoms once cause is known)

Carlymarie89 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:07:29

No she just said it’s probs nothing to worry about and see how I get on..same with the doctor.

Because I haven’t really had much sex since the incident, I’m starting making a note of the pain to see if it’s getting any better! I have a doctors appt in two weeks time so will stand my ground then!

When I’ve been on the 2 occasions they just brushed it as to being down to hormones..☹️

Thanks for the reply!

Carlymarie89 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:11:31

The pain isn’t as bad as the first time so it’s definitely easing off

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Thu 09-Nov-17 08:24:23

How old are you OP?

Carlymarie89 Thu 09-Nov-17 09:07:16

Hi, I’m 28..no children

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now