Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

STD advice

(1 Post)
spagbol30 Wed 08-Nov-17 08:30:36

I apologise if this is in the wrong area but the sex section didn't seem to have anything similar to this.

I feel incredibly stupid and I'm prepared for people to tell me exactly that. I'm in my late twenties with a long term partner, one toddler and I'm due in the next couple of weeks.

About 5 years ago I was in a relationship with a man who I later found out was a drug user (probably not relevant but trying to explain situation). We were together for about 2 years on and off and we had unprotected sex regularly as he told me he was allergic to all condoms (I know now I'm pretty thick). I never got tested and I never fell pregnant. Recently I've been overthinking and worrying and I'm now certain I have a serious STD that I've never gone to get checked. There was a time where I was drunk and he convinced me to do anal sex and then vaginal without a condom and I think this has me worrying the most.

I'm so embarrassed to go and get checked at my local GP because it is such a small community with receptionists who like to speak loudly about your problems in the waiting room. The sex clinics are all about 30 miles away and I wouldn't have anyone to look after my child except on a weekend and I'm not sure they open then. Would they let me go and get checked being pregnant? And would they let me take my child in with me?

I've had swabs and blood tests done throughout both pregnancies but they don't pick up/test for infections do they?

Have I left it too late and even though I have no symptoms, are my chances extremely high of having a serious underlying STD? sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now