Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

How long do you need to be cautious after head injury?

(3 Posts)
depressedandcantchangeit Tue 07-Nov-17 22:47:45

I had a head injury on Saturday around 16:00

I went to A and E and the man said I should just take it easy for a few days and handed me a minor head injury leaflet ( although it feels more than bloody minor to me!)

It’s now Tuesday and I feel sick! Am I safe to say this is a coincidence and not related to my head injury? I have loads of bruising but my swelling is going down slowly, i feel ‘well’ and no other major concerns apart from the sickness.

I’ve had a couple glasses of wine ( but felt sickness before the wine)

Al i safe from affects of head injury, I’m a very anxious person and drank wine to calm me now I regret it thinking I’m seriously Ill! Although my only real problem is nausea

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Tue 07-Nov-17 22:55:53

After a bang to the head people can feel off kilter for a week or so afterwards, sometimes longer. Obviously if there are any worrying symptoms (they are probably listed in your leaflet but things like vomiting, being very drowsy to the point that you can't be roused, severe pain etc.) then you should see a doctor, but feeling a bit sick is probably to be expected I'm afraid. I would stay off the alcohol though for a couple of days, until you feel better.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Tue 07-Nov-17 22:56:27

There's some info here which might be helpful www.nhs.uk/conditions/concussion/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: