Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Somebody please help! Tmi post

(5 Posts)
Shinebright01 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:32:08

Hi everyone this is my first time posting on here as i would like some info from others. Beware tmi!
So this week i woke with an intense burning sensation around my vagina and after having seen a gp she diagnosed folliculitis and prescribed a topical solution. However the pain became so intense and my labia has become so swollen that i had to go to a&e where they prescribed antibiotics. Have been taking them for 3 days now but the pain is still so bad and i cannot walk or sit!

Pleaseee tell me im not the only one this happened to. I am literally on the verge on tears

Gammeldragz Sun 05-Nov-17 12:33:08

That sounds really painful! Have you tried an ice pack? Are you taking painkillers?

Gammeldragz Sun 05-Nov-17 12:34:04

If no improvement after 3 days on abx I'd be inclined to go back though. Maybe need different ones?

Peachyking000 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:35:37

Are you sure it’s not a herpes infection? It tends to cause the sort of pain you describe. I’d try to have a look with a mirror if you can, and see what it looks like eg is there small blisters?

Shinebright01 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:44:19

I am taking flucloxacillin 4 times a day and was screened for herpes which came back negative. Googled pics look just like folliculitis but really dont know how mich longer i can take this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now