Talk

Advanced search

Somebody please help! Tmi post

(5 Posts)
Shinebright01 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:32:08

Hi everyone this is my first time posting on here as i would like some info from others. Beware tmi!
So this week i woke with an intense burning sensation around my vagina and after having seen a gp she diagnosed folliculitis and prescribed a topical solution. However the pain became so intense and my labia has become so swollen that i had to go to a&e where they prescribed antibiotics. Have been taking them for 3 days now but the pain is still so bad and i cannot walk or sit!

Pleaseee tell me im not the only one this happened to. I am literally on the verge on tears

Gammeldragz Sun 05-Nov-17 12:33:08

That sounds really painful! Have you tried an ice pack? Are you taking painkillers?

Gammeldragz Sun 05-Nov-17 12:34:04

If no improvement after 3 days on abx I'd be inclined to go back though. Maybe need different ones?

Peachyking000 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:35:37

Are you sure it’s not a herpes infection? It tends to cause the sort of pain you describe. I’d try to have a look with a mirror if you can, and see what it looks like eg is there small blisters?

Shinebright01 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:44:19

I am taking flucloxacillin 4 times a day and was screened for herpes which came back negative. Googled pics look just like folliculitis but really dont know how mich longer i can take this

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: