Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Burn on leg - advice please

(6 Posts)
MushroomSoup Sun 05-Nov-17 09:52:55

My teen DD came back from dads with this burn on her calf. She rolled into a light bulb doing handstands.
There are definitely no safeguarding issues. She had a plaster on it but it pulled the scab off.
It looks awful but is literally a surface wound.
What is the best treatment?

WeAllHaveWings Sun 05-Nov-17 10:17:02

Do you have a local pharmacy open on a Sunday, I’d take her in and ask. I think they’d refer you to A&E. Looks large and quite deep, white skin around it isn’t good either, personally I’d go to a&e to get good advice around preventing infection .

insancerre Sun 05-Nov-17 10:40:54

Walk in centre to get it dressed properly
You don't want it getting infected

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 05-Nov-17 17:37:45

I would get this medically checked out; burns larger than a 50p piece in size need medical attention for these to not become infected.

PastysPrincess Sun 05-Nov-17 17:43:37

I think that requires a trip to minor injuries unit. I think it needs looking at by professionals but at the very least you need to get proper dressings that wont stick.

Are you 100% sure of the story? I only ask because when I was a child I touched a light bulb on a lamp as I didn’t understand it would be hot. I was in contact for quite some time and still didn’t burn me as badly as that picture.

MushroomSoup Sun 05-Nov-17 19:16:36

Thanks all. Yes 100% sure of story. She ended up smashing the lampshade and laying on the bulb, hence the damage. Bloody stupid teenagers!

It’s completely dried up and scabbed over today and looks much better. I’ve bought some low adhesive dressings. Our minor injury unit was closed today and it definitely didn’t need A&E so we’ll pop in tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: