Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pholcidine Linctus??

(14 Posts)
DaisyRaine90 Sat 04-Nov-17 23:12:07

Anyone else been recommended this from the pharmacy for a cough?
It has made me so sleepy I’ve hardly been awake all day. Took it for my nap at recommended dose.

Anyone else any experiences with this cough syrup? I might just stick to honey and lemon, lemsip and soothers.

Maybe I’m just sleeping so much because I’m ill?
Also, is this stuff addictive? How many days could I take it for? I’m planning to try a half dose for bedtime only as full dose knocks me out and had some weird dreams too.

Thanks 😊

PurplePillowCase Sat 04-Nov-17 23:15:08

that stuff once knocked my dh out for a whole weekend.
he took it friday evening and only woke up on sunday noonand was very drowsy the rest of the day...
we kept the bottle as part of our zombie plan

DaisyRaine90 Sat 04-Nov-17 23:22:36

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I’m taking 2.5mg maximum they say 5-10mg but Never mind an apocalypse I have been asleep all day

Good to know though, I have struggled to sleep most of my adult life and there are times when I’ve had the flu I’d have been grateful for a few days knock out sleep,

Shame I have DCs and therefore still had to do half my usual jobs today (feed baby every bottle, hoover, cook 2 meals, put 2 kids to bed, bank, garage, 2 loads of washing) that was before I turned into a zombie 😂

DaisyRaine90 Sat 04-Nov-17 23:23:46

Some of it was afterwards though 😂

KathyBates Sun 05-Nov-17 09:45:46

I take this, it seems to be better at shifting my cough then any of the branded ones and much cheaper. Does make you drowsy and a bit addictive though!

DaisyRaine90 Sun 05-Nov-17 11:04:51

Took half a small adult dose last night (2.5ml instead of 5ml) and it helped with my cough and I slept like a baby. Weird dreams again though. It’s shifted a bit today, took a brisk morning walk in the cold air and my chest cleared some x

DaisyRaine90 Sun 05-Nov-17 11:07:58

In have to take codeine or dihydracodeine for pain sometimes (migraine, period pain due to endo, and repetitive strain injury) so was really surprised at how sensitive I was to this.

I’ve only ever used glycerol based cough remedies or soothers before

Bubblebug1 Sun 05-Nov-17 14:20:23

How addicting?

DaisyRaine90 Sun 05-Nov-17 21:30:57

I’ve had 2.5mls at a time today and worked magic obviously just a light weight with cough medicine!! X

NamasteNiki Sun 05-Nov-17 21:32:28

Ooh sounds like some good shit. I will buy it for nights when I cant sleep. grin

DaisyRaine90 Sun 05-Nov-17 21:37:05

😂

badbadhusky Sun 05-Nov-17 21:41:45

I didn’t realise this was still available. I used to get it when I was a teen.

DaisyRaine90 Sun 05-Nov-17 21:44:05

*Badbadhusky
I got recommended it by the pharmacist but didn’t know what it was until I got home and googled it

Must be the strongest thing they sell over the counter in this country

It knocked me clean out I’m lucky I didn’t overdose

DaisyRaine90 Mon 06-Nov-17 10:27:19

Glad the coughs lessening and Im back on honey and lemon sweets and soothers phew 😅

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now