Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Severe period pain at END of period

(5 Posts)
Notthisagainnow Sat 04-Nov-17 15:10:57

I've always had quite bad period pain at the start of my period but for the past few months I've been getting it on the last day-2 days too. It's really painful. Doctor isn't concerned.

Anyone else?

MountainDweller Sun 05-Nov-17 21:22:11

Pain at the end of a period can be a symptom of endometriosis. Can you see a different GP? Anything unusual for you should be checked out, especially as it’s not a one off.

Endometriosis UK is a good site for info.

Unfortunately it is often very hard to get gynae problems taken seriously 😡. I had to move abroad to get my diagnosis!

LapinR0se Sun 05-Nov-17 21:23:32

I was going to say endometriosis too. Do you have any other symptoms, how would you describe the pain?

Notthisagainnow Sun 05-Nov-17 23:39:53

I have no other symptoms at all. Never struggled with fertility etc.

It's just like really bad period cramps - they come in waves like contractions but that's normal for me

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 06-Nov-17 07:04:09

I would seek out a doctor that is concerned rather than continue to be dismissed as you have been. You need a gynae referral. There is a cause for this and I also thought endometriosis when I read of your symptoms. I also used to get pains like you describe at the end of my period too and was eventually diagnosed with endometriosis.

Consider keeping a daily pain and symptom diary if you do not already do so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now