Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Anyone else had this ....sore eye with a slight bubble in it?!

(11 Posts)
JRT2017 Sat 04-Nov-17 13:30:50

My right eye is sore and has developed an ever so slight bubble (what can only be described as) inside of it?

Had it before about 5 months ago, went to the GP (had to see a nurse practitioner as no GPs available) she said there was nothing they could do and it would probably go away on its own, but said eye drops if it started getting weepy.

I had slight conjunctivitis a couple of weeks ago so don’t know if it’s related to that.

Anyone else had this? It’ll be hard but I’ll try and get a picture of my eye

Maverick66 Sat 04-Nov-17 13:43:41

Is the bubble on your actual eyeball? Sounds like an eye will need drops from Dr or optician.
Is it on the water line? Just a water blister that you can burst yourself?

sufferingicecakes Sat 04-Nov-17 13:57:58

I had this. It seemed to go away and then a few years later came back. I was referred by my Optician to a specialist as she said there was a very small chance of malignancy. Of course, I was terrified but when I saw the specialist he was not the slightest bit concerned and actually said 'you'll live' in a very light hearted joking manner. Mine looked like a water blister on the eyeball with a slightly wrinkled cornea around it. I think in the end he said it was just like a blemish or imperfection but he also said it was possible a water blister had burst.

Try not to worry like I did - but get it checked out by an optician for peace of mind.

sufferingicecakes Sat 04-Nov-17 13:59:32

Oh, meant to say, mine did not hurt and the eye was not sore.

JRT2017 Sat 04-Nov-17 16:41:03

Yes, it’s just in my eye next to my pupil. Very hard to spot, but you can definitely see it in certain light and if I ‘look the other way’ tried getting a photo but it’s impossible.

I think eye ulcer could be correct. I’m quite run down at the moment and very tired, could it be related?

Have booked an opticians appointment for Tues!

Monkeyinshoes Sat 04-Nov-17 22:51:55

My kids have both had sore eye/bubble. Nurse said there's was allergic conjunctivitis. It went away on it's own in a day or two.

BetterEatCheese Sat 04-Nov-17 23:15:18

I get this with hayfever - I call it 'jelly eye'

underneaththeash Sun 05-Nov-17 15:21:50

An eye ulcer is on the cornea (so over the coloured bit of the eye). The eye jelly as the previous OP described is over the white part of the eye and is due to allergic conjunctivitis.

You can also get something called a retention cyst (on the white part of the eye), although that doesn't cause redness or soreness. If its been there for a while, it could also be a ptyergium or a pingeculae. Neither of which are serious.

The Optometrist should be able to make a diagnosis, but take any contacts out until your seen.

PollytheDolly Sun 05-Nov-17 15:27:09

I had this. It should go away on its own but is so annoying isn’t it. Is it like a puckering up of the film/tissue on the eyeball?

PollytheDolly Sun 05-Nov-17 15:27:43

Pteryguim! That’s it.

Missingthesea Sun 05-Nov-17 15:33:21

I get something very similar-sounding if my eye is sore and itching due to an allergy and I absent-mindedly rub it. Anti-allergy eye drops sort it out.
It sometimes happens when I've been peeling potatoes and a tiny splash of potato juice gets in the eye.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: