Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help!! Been a bit silly....

(4 Posts)
Stickaforkinimdone Sat 04-Nov-17 00:58:21

I stuck a cotton bud in my ear....I know I know I know but my ear canal was sooooo itchy and I couldn’t help it 😩

Now said ear is totally blocked, I cannot hear a thing out of it so my head feels all wonky, but I can hear the incessant ringing which is now plaguing me

What on earth do I do??? Will it be better by morning maybe? Unlikely to be able to get a microsuctioning appt at such short notice but I need my ear back!

Floralnomad Sat 04-Nov-17 01:02:54

You’ve probably just dislodged a large piece of wax . Buy yourself some Otex Express , it’s supposed to work very quickly , costs about £9 so double the price of normal Otex .

DottyGiraffe Sat 04-Nov-17 07:43:32

You can get ear wash things from the likes of Boots, like a medicine syringe that squirts water into the ear, which obviously then drains out, bringing the debris with it. Assume one could also use a medicine syringe and warm water but not tried it myself. The bought kits do work though.

Stickaforkinimdone Sat 04-Nov-17 13:30:03

Thanks both....had hoped I might wake up this morning and it be back to normal-alas!

Off to the chemist to get the express drops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now