Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Strangest Injury you have received?

(11 Posts)
DenzilEmily Fri 03-Nov-17 23:57:23

I would say when I got knocked out via being hit with a really soft cricket ball

Shockers Fri 03-Nov-17 23:59:57

I stapled my dress to my stomach whilst trying to put the safety loop over the handle of a wall stapler.

Floralnomad Sat 04-Nov-17 00:05:03

When I was a child I was playing handball in the club room at my nans pub , the room had a wooden floor and as I went to scoop the ball with my hand I caught my fingers on the floor and a huge splinter went down under the nail on the middle finger right down to just beyond the first knuckle . It was extremely painful and ended up having an OP to remove it as they couldn’t pull it out without leaving bits under the skin .

ArcheryAnnie Sat 04-Nov-17 00:09:30

I threw some bubblegum into the coal fire when I was a kid. It promptly exploded, flinging a bit of burning bubblegum out onto my wrist like bloody napalm. The scar has faded now, but it was there for years!

(I am currently ARGH at the splinter one, and impressed by the stomach staple.)

Flippingecktucker Sat 04-Nov-17 00:09:53

I broke my arm whilst tied to a bed blush

LadyWire Sat 04-Nov-17 00:30:40

Threw someone's hat in a tree. He climbed the tree to get it, fell, landed on top of me. Cracked 2 of my ribs. I think that goes under the category "serves me right!"

nancy75 Sat 04-Nov-17 00:35:33

On the first day of my first ever proper job I asked my dad to phone to make sure I was out of bed. My dad phoned, the phone woke me up in a panic, I ran to answer the phone without putting my glasses on and fell down the stairs. I had to go to work on my first day with 8 broken toes (4 on each foot) and covered in bruises.

Homebird8 Sat 04-Nov-17 00:44:12

I picked up a meteorite and damaged the joints on two of my fingers. I had been warned it would be heavy but I had a glass of wine in the other hand so scooped it up with only one. It took a whole year to be able to lift things heavier than a half empty kettle with that hand.

Guiltypleasures001 Sat 04-Nov-17 01:08:30

Not done by me but to me

Went for a pedicure and foot thingy nails done etc just before my wedding

The girl scrubbed the skin underneath my left heal for too long, causing the skin to become very thin
Walking out my sandals were slipping off my foot, but thought it was just the moisturiser she had used
When In fact the skin had split under my foot. And was pouring with blood

It took over two years to heal over completely, as it kept on opening up all the time, I never went back
Was bloody awful

FellOutOfBed2wice Sat 04-Nov-17 01:10:29

I glue-gunned a school tie to my hand, not on purpose. I still have a scar!

LemonysSnicket Sat 04-Nov-17 01:14:55

I would say when I fell off of my bike aged 11. I dislocated both shoulders, one elbow, snapped my arm, cracked my head open, scraped my knees to the bone. On a straight road.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now