Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What are these chest pains.

(7 Posts)
Naomi2007 Fri 03-Nov-17 19:06:50

Hi, I did a post a few weeks back about experiencing chest pains. Started when I had a chest infection. I've had three ecg, blood tests and chest X-rays all of which have ruled out heart attack and as my doctor says my heart is fine. So what are these chest pains? I've had them every day for six weeks. They can last a couple of minutes to hours. They are rarely sharp pains and can be any part in my chest, around my heart, center of chest or to the right. I've seen different doctors who tell me, you've probably pulled a muscle, it could be acid, it's a virus etc but really for six weeks?! Any advice on where I go from here or do I suck it up accept there is nothing Wrong with my heart and hope it goes?

DottyGiraffe Fri 03-Nov-17 19:12:19

Costochondritis?

Bombardier25966 Fri 03-Nov-17 19:13:18

Rarely sharp or really sharp?

A pulled muscle can take months to settle, and some people get heartburn everyday. Have they given you any medication?

Naomi2007 Fri 03-Nov-17 19:21:19

Rarely sharp more of like a dull ache of just really uncomfortable. No medication because as far as they can see there is no problem

Naomi2007 Fri 03-Nov-17 19:23:24

Just read up on Costochondritis and it does seem similar. I just assumed with a pulled muscle surely it would be more constant or when I'm moving whereas the pain can come when I'm literally sat on the sofa doing nothing.

mushmallow Fri 03-Nov-17 19:46:52

Trapped air

LemonysSnicket Fri 03-Nov-17 19:50:34

I know it sounds stupid but .... constipation? I've had chest pains from that and heartburn caused by the same thing making it really bad. Curled on the bathroom floor bad sometimes. Try some laxatives and see if they Help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now