Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What do varicose veins feel like?

(7 Posts)
buckingfrolicks Thu 02-Nov-17 20:04:29

I have a really painful leg. Aches deep inside, not muscular or ligaments afaik but hurts to walk. No signs of anything on my leg. Hurts like a devil. Getting worse. Im 53. Am I going to have a thrombosis or is this a varicose vein?

Help!!

whoareyoukidding Thu 02-Nov-17 20:08:16

I would get it checked out by the gp if i were you. I hope you feel better soon.

allegretto Thu 02-Nov-17 20:12:13

Mine hurt but are also very visible. I doubt they are varicose if you can't see anything. You need to get checked out!

buckingfrolicks Thu 02-Nov-17 22:21:36

Oh bother. Hate going to the doctor but will if no improvement by tomorrow.

Thank you for cold dose of realism! And for responding

64BooLane Fri 03-Nov-17 09:53:13

Curious what the doc will say. I have visible varicose veins, but I've had them since my twenties (genetic, thanks Dad) and I often get separate areas of pain or tenderness in my legs that feel almost like bruises deeper inside. They come and go, and they don't match up to the visible veins, but I often wonder if there's a connection.

Not meaning to hijack, though! I hope you get some reassurance from the GP.

buckingfrolicks Tue 07-Nov-17 21:43:58

Muscle strain from blush running for the train.

allegretto Wed 08-Nov-17 07:26:57

Good news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now