Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this a thread worm?

(7 Posts)
Reastie Thu 02-Nov-17 10:53:30

I am despairing. I've had threadworms for the past two months at least. I'm now doing weekly ovex. My cleaning regime has stepped up and I am cleaning my bedroom daily and changing sheets every other day (as well as pants and pjs in bed).

Today whilst changing dds bed (also doing same cleaning for her as me) I found the pictured. It looks like a threadworms to me but I'm not sure, could anyone confirm with more experience? Changing my sheets I noticed quite a few. Do they actually climb that far out? I'm just at my wits end! I keep trying to tell myself it'll be the down from my feather duvet but I think I'm just trying to put a brave face on it.

I'm not sure what else I can do to get rid of them confused .

Rikalaily Thu 02-Nov-17 11:09:27

That looks like a tiny feather to me.

Fauxtatoes Thu 02-Nov-17 11:10:07

Feather!

Reastie Thu 02-Nov-17 14:23:39

Thank goodness for that! I was hoping it would be a feather but I'm just so paranoid about threadworms.

FannyFifer Thu 02-Nov-17 14:41:11

Def not a threadworm

BhajiAllTheWay Thu 02-Nov-17 22:03:56

Its a feather.! If you Google pics of them you'll see they don't look like this or if you've seen real ones youll know.( yuk).

Reastie Fri 03-Nov-17 07:48:24

I've seen real ones but I was in a panic and worried I had remembered wrong! I feel very reassured now, phew!

Btw I did google threadworms but photos of poo came up and I was too scared to look shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now