Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Arthrotec

(4 Posts)
OutlawFromHell Tue 31-Oct-17 20:51:31

Have any of you been prescribed this before? I have sacroillitis/suspected spondilitis and been put on these but they have a monstrous warning about not to be given to pre-menopausal women without effective contraception. The side effects seem ghastly too. Are they worth it?! Should I go back and ask for naproxen instead?

justtheonethen Tue 31-Oct-17 21:07:26

My GP prescribed it to me for my back pain......whilst I was seeing the fertility clinic he had referred me to! Luckily I noticed and switched back to naproxen so can't comment on how good it was but I wouldn't worry unless you are ttc. The idea was that they would give more relief than naproxen though so if I wasn't ttc then I would risked the side effects.

OutlawFromHell Wed 01-Nov-17 08:00:11

Thank you. I took one yesterday and have had horrible cramps all night. Think I'll ring the Dr and say change it

justtheonethen Wed 01-Nov-17 09:17:34

I find naproxen works fine to be honest. Make sure to get the gastro resistant version!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now