Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! Bad bikini wax *WARNING TMI PHOTO*

(10 Posts)
Grossedoutandgrumpy Mon 30-Oct-17 20:55:36

Hi ladies,

NC'd for obvious reasons...

I need your words of wisdom! I've had a few bikini waxes and they all end in me getting big whiteheads in what feels like every pore. The first few hours are fine, then the white monsters rear their ugly heads and stick around for DAYS.

After yet another spotty nightmare I'm at my wits end. I really really hate having hair there, and shaving gets quite sore for me after a couple of days so I'm desperate to get this to work!

So far I have tried: antihistamines and ibuprofen on the day of the wax, exfoliating, moisturising, Sudocrem, witch hazel...nothing works confused

Does anybody have any ideas what I can do?? I will love you forever!

Grossedoutandgrumpy Mon 30-Oct-17 20:57:40

Sorry, for some reason it isn't letting me add the photo! Maybe that is for the best blush

Lindy2 Mon 30-Oct-17 21:02:01

I used to get white spots after waxing my top lip. I found out if I put a bit of antiseptic cream on after the wax and again the next day it stops any appearing.

NorthernLurker Mon 30-Oct-17 21:02:37

Sorry I think this is natures way of saying don't mess with the undergrowth. It sounds like your skin is just very sensitive to hair removal so leave it alone.

Grossedoutandgrumpy Mon 30-Oct-17 21:24:47

Lindy is there a particular brand you've found useful?

Northern that's what I feared confused I wish I could just leave it alone but the hair is just so thick and coarse it stands out a mile off in swimming costumes. Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and get it lasered...

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Mon 30-Oct-17 21:25:41

Tend Skin. It's amazing for ingrowing hairs.

AlannaOfTrebond Mon 30-Oct-17 21:26:59

Agree with Vivienne Tend Skin works wonders for me too.

WhatTheChickens Mon 30-Oct-17 21:46:05

Philips Lumea is your friend!

I have suffered for years and years with awful ingrown hairs and white head type rashes.
Without meaning to sound dramatic, this has literally changed my life!
Smooth, bump free skin, no rash, no ingrown hairs. Fanbloodytastic.

I've got the compact version, on sale for £150 on Amazon. Worth every penny smile

BearFoxBear Mon 30-Oct-17 21:47:02

Yes to getting a lumea!

MollyHuaCha Mon 30-Oct-17 21:53:12

Don’t add a photo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now