Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Painful rash on chin.

(4 Posts)
Sharkteeth Mon 30-Oct-17 17:59:30

Hi all! On Friday I began to get a small rash on my chin. It's now dry and scaly, itchy and it feels like my skin is burning. It's spread to under my nose, my lips and down the side of my mouth. I'm in agony every time I move my face! I've stopped wearing make up and using anything but e45 on my face! Does anyone know what this is? How I can treat it? Do I need a doctor?

dementedpixie Tue 31-Oct-17 06:48:12


MynewnameisKy Tue 31-Oct-17 06:53:45

Shingles- is it only on one side of your face?

MynewnameisKy Tue 31-Oct-17 09:12:22

Can you post a picture?

Red & throbbing & spreading = most likely infection which will need antibiotics.

Started as small blisters, following a line only on one side of face sore itchy = most likely shingles

Red raw kind of rash which is sore = could be fungal.

There's a million others. Always do the glass test on a rash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now