Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Boils, groin area, what's causing it!

(19 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:17:17

Posted last week as I had a boil on my groin, I applied magnum sulphate at it cleared quickly, last night another boil appeared near my anus, this is the 3rd boil in a month and the most painful. I can hardly sit. Im not sure if it warrants a doctors appointment? I have never had them before this so I'm wondering what's causing them?

Anyone else had similar?

JennyOnAPlate Sun 29-Oct-17 21:23:39

I would speak to your gp, yes. There’s a condition called hydradenitis supperativa that can develop in the groin area, and boils can also be a symptom of type 2 diabetes. It could just be one of those random things though!

Lovemusic33 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:26:10

I'm wondering if I'm just a bit run down? Have had mouth ulcers this week too, hoping it's nothing. Will go and see my gp or nurse tomorrow and maybe get my bloods checked, just really don't want to go and get my bum out for the doctor sad.

NanTheWiser Sun 29-Oct-17 21:26:25

Yes, I would see the GP, recurrent boils can be a sign of high blood sugar levels, and Diabetes.

Wetwashing00 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:27:03

hydradenitis supperativa
I’d book an appointment with the GP

Ollivander84 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:27:57

GP
Diabetic
Hidradenitis (I have this)

Lovemusic33 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:29:19

I thought that was linked with being overweight and unhealthy??

I'm reasonably fit, don't smoke or drink but probably consume too much sugar so diabetes a slight possibility.

Ollivander84 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:30:06

Diabetic or HS?

Lovemusic33 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:31:52

Is there anything I can do tonight to ease the pain? Should I try a warm compress? I'm petrified the doctor will stick a needle in it, if it was anywhere else I wouldn't mind.

Ollivander84 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:32:20

Warm bath with Epsom salts, paracetamol, warm flannel all fine

JennyOnAPlate Sun 29-Oct-17 21:36:08

Yes have a go with a warm compress (as warm as you can manage) or a warm bath would be good.

You’re more likely to get HS or T2 diabetes if you’re overweight, but plenty of slim people get them too. Hopefully you’re right though and just run down.

Lovemusic33 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:48:19

Thank you ladies, have had several baths today, I think I will go to bed with a warm compress and hope it feels better tomorrow.

LeaderoftheAteam Sun 29-Oct-17 21:49:55

If spots in mouth and intimate areas it might be worth considering the Herpes virus too? Either Type 1 or 2.

Lovemusic33 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:57:12

Can I be tested for that at the gp's or will I have to go to the sexual health clinic? It is possible but I do get mouth ulcers a lot.

userxx Sun 29-Oct-17 22:34:29

I've followed you over here. Definitely try the silica tablets, I went through a stage of having bartholins cysts just randomly popping up. These tablets would get rid of them before they turned too nasty.

Get checked out at the doctors, I'm pretty sure they will test for everything with no need to go to the sexual health clinic. You might just be really run down.

Lovemusic33 Mon 30-Oct-17 09:05:46

I have an appointment this morning, couldn't get an appointment with the nurse or a female doctor so will have to see the male doctor.

Been up most of the night, tried hot compress, tried magnesium sulphate and spent half an hour sat in a warm bath.

userxx Mon 30-Oct-17 20:40:38

Love - how did your appointment go? Hopefully you are pain free tonight!!

Lovemusic33 Tue 31-Oct-17 10:20:17

I went to the gp, have been given some body wash and anti viral meds (in case it's a viral thing), booked in for blood tests to check for diabetes. I have to go back in a couple of days of no better to possibly get it lanced. I'm off work today so it's 'mission get boil to burst', I'm led on the sofa with my legs in the air and warm compress on my bottom. Still very painful.

userxx Tue 31-Oct-17 22:05:33

It's so bloody painful isn't it..... Not helped by the area they decide to pop up in 😔. I had an appointment booked to get it lanced but it burst before hand, it got to the point of such pain I was eyeing up sharp objects thinking sod it I'll sort it myself. Good luck with it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now