Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

CA 125 elevated.

(10 Posts)
LHarry78 Sun 29-Oct-17 11:53:57

I'm so worried, I went to the Doctors with some pelvic pain, and I was sent for a scan and I had my bloods done which come back High 200,I was on my period, second test was 74 I had a clear ultrasound and gynecologist said he thinks it endometriosis. I've read so much online and now I'm convinced I have ovarian cancer. I'm waiting for a C.T scan. Last blood test was 103. Anyone had experience of the CA 125??? I feel like I'm going out of my mind!!!! confused

LHarry78 Sun 29-Oct-17 12:26:33

Anyone????

TwitterQueen1 Sun 29-Oct-17 13:11:55

An elevated CA125 reading is an indicator only, and suggests that the body is fighting an infection or illness of some sort.

It does NOT mean that you have ovarian cancer. It could be any number of things which is why you need further tests and a scan. Good luck flowers.

LHarry78 Sun 29-Oct-17 13:59:40

Thank you, it's just all the waiting and worrying and thinking the worst.

RayofSun Sun 29-Oct-17 14:51:13

I had a CA125 specifically to diagnose endometriosis. It’s such a non specific test that the results are rarely taken in isolation. The body simply doesn’t work that way. Please wait til you hear back before you worry! X

Caulk Sun 29-Oct-17 14:53:47

I had it and it was raised. It’s pretty common test. Stop googling.

LHarry78 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:01:15

Mine just seem really high! I'm trying not to worry but it's hard. Thanks for your replies.

LHarry78 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:03:17

Did you have one test of CA 125 or more?

shuttheblinds Sun 29-Oct-17 20:46:27

I had 3 tests and all were high. Mine was due to endometriosis and fibroids. Try not to worry, lots of things can cause it to be high.

CakesRUs Sun 29-Oct-17 20:49:13

If you have had an ultrasound, just think about the tiny defects they can pick up with babies. They would’ve had a good look at your ovaries and do this day in, day out. Try not to panic. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now