Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2nd cold cough?

(7 Posts)
katymac Sun 29-Oct-17 11:26:55

Around the 25th Sept I had a rotten cold/sore throat/cough - over the following 2/3 weeks I got better (I don't have a great immune system)

Then middle of last week I got a second cold & a rotten cough (quite phlegmy) - feeling quite unwell with it

I just need to talk it through as I'm going in circles with it

The second cold is just a cold isn't it - it's too far apart for it to be a secondary infection? I know ususally if you get better then get worse it can be a secondary/bacterial infection - but this is just another cold?

If I get a secondary I need to get antibiotics because DH has Chronic Lung Disease (he has been avoiding me & my colds anyway) and can't risk catching it

But I think it's just another sodding cold

Lunaballoon Sun 29-Oct-17 18:34:02

I've had something very similar. Had a cold a couple of weeks ago, thought I was over it, but it's come back with a vengeance. I'm aching all over and feeling pretty rough! Not sure if it's a different cold or some kind of post viral infection. 🤧

katymac Sun 29-Oct-17 20:16:04

I'm not sure mine is post viral - I have had a resurgance of all my original symptoms just worse!

My cough is very productive but as I have Fibromyalgia I can't cough to clear it - I do have the exhaustion tho'

So, so tired

katymac Mon 30-Oct-17 21:34:25

I apologise @Lunaballoon totally!

I have not been able to get out of bed today - completely floored - so it might well be postviral I am sorry

Even breathing is hard work

Lunaballoon Wed 01-Nov-17 21:05:07

No apology needed at all Katy. Hope you're over the worst now. I was also too wiped out for work yesterday, but I'm slowly starting to feel more human today.

katymac Thu 02-Nov-17 10:00:38

Because of the fibro & CFS I have been in bed all week

Today is the first day I have felt any energy at all - even walking to the loo has been outside my abilities

& yet it is 'just' a cold

katymac Thu 02-Nov-17 10:24:09

Sorry (again) I should have said I'm glad you're feeling more human!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now