Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

He left me when I was in hospital

(5 Posts)
Tilly1313 Sun 29-Oct-17 08:04:57

So, I'm new on here but always followed threads and appreciate the (sometimes brutal) advice.

About 5 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, I don't want children and we thought we couldn't have them. We decided not keeping it was right (please done berate me for that) I was 5 weeks and was able to have the tablets. My boyfriend (of a year) was not able to come as he was having an operation (down there- hence the bit thinking we couldn't)

That was traumatic but I was glad it was over. Fast forward three weeks and I'm in a pool of blood with my flat mate calling an ambulance. I got rushed into hospital needed 3 blood transfusions and surgery. I phoned my boyfriend at midnight, he was 2 hours away as he had a dentist appointment the next day. He lied and said he was on his was (he didn't arrive until 23 hours later so he didn't have to rearrange his appointment)

I was alone all that time. I woke up in recovery after surgery to no messages and no visits. The guy next to me passed away with doctors calling his family and I find this so hard to deal with.

He's barely text since. Everyone think he's gone into shock and is ashamed he abandoned me and can't deal with it.

I need advice, I love him and know he's not an awful person. He's behaved appallingly and I'm in shock, tired and devastated.

This was a short version of a very long few days. Any advice would be welcome.

Stillpissingdown Sun 29-Oct-17 08:13:22

Even if he was in shock is this how he is going to behave in future when there is another crisis.

He didn't want to be there. Can you really see a loving future with a man than won't prioritise you even when you are bleeding to death??

Cut the ties now as it will only get worse later on down the line.

Sorry you've bed through this traumatic time, I've had something similar and you don't forget about this kind abandonment easily. Be kind to yourself flowers

ShiftyMcGifty Sun 29-Oct-17 08:29:31

Initial shock is one thing. But it has been a few days now and no visit, no phone calls, no apology.

I think he's finished your relationship. Sorry flowers

Annieshop Sun 29-Oct-17 08:38:42

He's showing you who he is, op.
It’s up to you what you want to do about it.

Themummy76 Sun 29-Oct-17 09:29:21

You need to leave him
It’s not going to get any better
He will do this again - next time you need him - don’t put yourself in this position

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now