Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Jelly discharge after stopping the pill

(8 Posts)
mushmallow Sat 28-Oct-17 20:30:03

Is that normal?? I was only on the pill for two packs (taken consecutively) as stopped it due to bad headaches. I've now had the pill free week and if I was going to start another pack, it would have been started yesterday but I don't want to continue, so it's been 8 days since last pill. Today I've had the biggest blob of stringy jelly clear discharge (tmi sorry). Is that normal?? I can't be ovulating so soon; I've never had discharge like this before.

delilahbucket Sat 28-Oct-17 23:25:07

It's normal and unless it is clear and like egg whites you aren't ovulating.

mayhew Sun 29-Oct-17 04:55:27

Why can't it be ovulation? People get pregnant when they miss one pill. It sounds like ovulation

mushmallow Sun 29-Oct-17 05:07:41

I didn't even have a withdrawal bleed. How can I determine where I am in a cycle? Last proper period was 7th September, then six weeks of continuous pills, a "pill free week" but no bleed, then now. God knows how I calculate what CD I am.

DryHeave Sun 29-Oct-17 05:22:01

I had this when I stopped the progesterone only pill. A mahoooooosive plug of mucus, the likes of which I'd never seen before.

I put it down to the way the pill works - thinking the mucus of the cervix is one of its main actions isn't it?

Periods returned after maybe 10 weeks or so. I'm now 37 weeks pregnant.

DryHeave Sun 29-Oct-17 05:23:43

Ah, seeing as you've said a break in packs it doesn't sound like you were on the progesterone only pill so maybe my experience isn't relevant. But I still thought cervix mucus thickening was all part of the pill's action.

mushmallow Sun 29-Oct-17 05:25:04

I was taking loestrin20

mushmallow Sun 29-Oct-17 09:27:49

I'm shit scared I'm pregnant. I was just about to start natural planning but this has freaked me out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now