Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Carpal tunnel relief!

(5 Posts)
Babsicle84 Sat 28-Oct-17 09:50:58

Hi all! Been a bit gloomy of late with pregnancy related sciatica and pelvic girdle pain as well as having carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand wrist and a steely determination to stay at work til I break for mat leave. I just wanted to share this with mums in case I help someone find some relief. I had a friend bring some ibuprofen gel round yesterday and she applied a dose of it to my wrist and the pain almost completely went along with the constant throbbing. I can’t believe my luck! I hope that it helps someone. Have a wonderful Saturday and apologies for my down in the dump posts of late. Xxblush

SpookierAndSpookier Sat 28-Oct-17 10:03:47

OP I wouldn't use the ibuprofen gel any more, it's not really supposed to be used during pregnancy (except on the advice of a doctor). If you are struggling you can get braces that you wear on your wrist to keep it in a certain position, some people find that really helpful (though you wouldn't really be able to wear that at work, it'd be more for at night)

Babsicle84 Sat 28-Oct-17 10:34:08

Thanks spookier and spookier I didn’t think to even google and I feel terrible now shock I am waiting for Amazon to deliver a splint I can use for carpal tunnel syndrome. Mum guilt is real!!! confusedblush

SpookierAndSpookier Sat 28-Oct-17 10:48:16

Don't panic, these things happen. I'm sure it won't cause any problems as a one off, I just wouldn't do it again! Hopefully the splint will bring some relief, it sounds like you're having a tough time flowers

Babsicle84 Sat 28-Oct-17 19:02:49

Thanks lovely smileflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now